Thursday 18 December 2014

Candy cane candy apple



I broke my magic bullet while making this candy apple :'(...not sure if the apple is edible anymore because the plastic cup shattered when I was blending the mints. Oh well I got the shot I wanted and made it look pretty, that's all that matters right? LOL. But seriously, how can you go wrong with a chocolate mint covered apple? Another thing that went wrong with this recipe was the unsuccessful hunt for candy canes :( All the grocery stores were sold out when I went, but I managed to find some mints that were red and white. Lastly, I added the bow to make it look pretty and its a great idea for a christmas gift :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 apple (I used gala)
  • 1 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
  • 2 crushed candy canes (or mints in my case)
Directions:
  1. Take off the stem of the apple and put skewers through the apple where the stem was.
  2. Melt chocolate and dip the apple into it.
  3. Crush candy canes in a bag or food processor and sprinkle on top of the apple. Put in the freezer for about 5 minutes or until the chocolate hardens. Enjoy!

Makes one serving
Macros per serving: calories: 300 | protein: 3g | fat: 16g | carbs: 24g 



No comments:

Post a Comment